Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving



I looked for a poem for this post that would express my Thanksgiving feelings, but I couldn't find one that properly captured them. I am left with my own thoughts on this, my favorite holiday. I am thankful for my life and my family.

Our table, over the years, has always been buzzing with conversations. It has always been a joyous moment, and the perfect excuse to get together with friends and family. The moment is always magical. The holiday is not too commercial. We don't spend time verbalizing what we are thankful for--words are not necessary when our smiles say it all.

As my kids have grown, the pilgrim paper hats have been replaced by helping hands in the kitchen. We share conversations, dreams and laughter. We fill platters with colorful delicacies. Everyone has a say on what will be served that day. This spirit of cooperation adds so much magic and warms my heart every time, reminding me of the many reasons why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

I hope that your Thanksgiving Day is filled with warmth and good company.

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wonderful post.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving, Alexa!!

maybelle's mom said...

very nice post.

rachel said...

My favorite holiday as well, hope yours was great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails