Sunday, June 29, 2008

Golden Lecture

I went to a Golden products lecture yesterday. The artist representing the company put together an amazing presentation of their whole line of paints, Gesso, gel mediums, and varnishes. It was really informative. I have been using their gel mediums for years as a glue for my collages, to extend acrylics or seal my work.
The one technique that really interests me is called Gel Skins. It's really cool: it basically creates a transparency out of a laser copy that you can then use in a collage or other art work of your choice.
I also want to play around with their texture gels. I have used them in the past but it's been a while. Time to play again. The best part of the event was the little goody-bag we got to take home with samples of their products. Fun. Fun. Fun.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails