Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lovely Summer Salad


Every week I get a bounty of vegetables from my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). I don't usually find out what I will bring home until I show up at the farm-- I love a good culinary mystery.

Here's what I brought home: two salads, swiss chard, beets, two different types of radishes, turnips, artichokes, broccoli, collard greens, scapes, garlic, edible flowers and snap peas. My first creation was a wonderful, refreshing, little salad made out of Beets, Daikon radishes and carrots.

Beet, Daikon, Carrot Salad(serves 6)

In a bowl combine:
1 cup of shredded Daikon Radish
1 1/2 cups of shredded raw Beets
2 cups of shredded carrots
3/4 cups of finely chopped parsley

Dressing

In a jar mix:
1 tablespoon of agave nectar
1 tablespoon of soy sauce (you can find Gluten-Free soy sauce in health-food stores)
1 tablespoon of dark toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons of brown rice vinegar
2 cloves of garlic passed through a press

Close jar with lid and shake until combined. Pour over the salad and mix well. Refrigerate salad for at least 30 minutes. Serve nice and cold. It goes great with poultry or grilled fish.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails