Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Worthy Read

It has been hot as hell here, which means that about the only thing I feel like doing is reading. I have been making my way through Gluten-Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern--more like inhaling it actually. Shauna is the author of an awesome blog: Gluten-Free Girl. I am already 2/3 of the way done and I just started it two days ago. It makes for a very interesting read even for people who are not Celiacs. In the book, she discusses her journey from suffering without a diagnosis to embracing the discovery that she had Celiac Disease. She writes in a fun, light, friendly and yet passionate manner about her love for food, and how it was expended and not limited by her health. Seattle has a lot to offer food-wise and she brings it home to you in a delightful way.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails